Here at Ergobaby we know exactly what it’s like when you’re just finding your parenting groove, you’ve figured out which products do and don’t work for your family and suddenly the topic of weaning / offering your baby complementary foods starts to crop up and there’s a whole new world of “stuff” you need to consider.
How do you know which is the best high chair on the market?
Or, more importantly, how do you know which is the best high chair for you and your family’s needs? Don’t worry, we’ve got you! We’re sharing our top five things to look out for when choosing the right high chair for you and your little one/s.
Does the high chair grow with baby?
If this is your first foray into the world of high chairs then the first thing you might be wondering is “when can babies sit in a high chair”? Most babies can sit unaided / start to be ready for solid food around 6 months old so you’ll want a high chair that will keep them safe and secure from this age and will last you for years to come. With our 3-in-1 Evolve High Chair, the clue is in the name, its three different modes mean that it grows with your baby from infant to toddler – and beyond – with no tools required to switch modes.
Thoughtfully designed to support little ones through every stage of growth without compromise, the Evolve 3-in-1 High Chair is in this for the long haul. From experiencing their first solid foods, joining you at the family table, and experimenting with you in the kitchen, each mode is specially created to fit the requirements of your baby’s age and needs:
- First up, the High Chair provides a comfortable space for baby to take their first bite
- Then as they grow, the Evolve grows with them, into a toddler Chair that keeps them safely supported as they eat, play and do the busy work of growing up
- And finally the Kitchen Helper helps you and your little one explore more food fun together
Is it easy to clean?
There’s one hard and fast rule when it comes to kids and food… mess happens! A high chair is used every single day and, for most of its life, multiple times a day so it needs to be easy to use, clean and store. We’ve covered how easy it is to use and as for easy to clean there are a few simple things that can make a whole world of difference:
- A removable, dishwasher-safe tray insert is an absolute game changer, allowing you to lift what inevitably becomes the dirtiest piece of the high chair out and take it somewhere more convenient to clean. And a bonus… the whole tray can also be completely removed to allow little one to sit right up to your table and get right in on the action.
- A chair that is wipe-clean will save you a LOT of time and energy. Fabric seats don’t necessarily equal greater comfort and they are far more effort to keep clean. Nobody wants to be sitting in last week’s toast crumbs and old food trapped in cracks and crevasses can cause health and hygiene issues too.
- A simple design. Lots of chairs come with ‘extras’ such as toy baskets or storage pouches which might seem like a handy offering on the shop floor, but you’ll soon find that in real life a uncomplicated, simple design means fewer spaces for dirt and grime to make its way into!
Can I move and store it easily?
Depending on how your space is configured, leaving a high chair out all day isn’t always an option. While the Evolve High Chair is designed to complement any modern interior with a timeless design and natural, neutral colours but if you need to pop it away then it’s a matter of seconds to easily fold your chair or kitchen helper to store it safely away.
Is it safe?
Obviously one of the most important things to ask when purchasing anything that’s going to be used by your most precious love is “is this product safe”. All high chairs should offer a 5-point harness to keep little one safe and secure in their seat, especially at a young age. It’s also important to always supervise your child/ren when using their chair or kitchen helper and extra details like being constructed from sturdy materials and features like anti-slip feet go the extra mile to keep your little one protected.
Here at Ergobaby we believe that it is our responsibility to care for the earth so that it can meet the needs of today’s generation and those to come. So we are always looking for ways to design not just for comfort and durability, but for our planet too.
We’re proud that our Evolve 3-in-1 High Chair is GREENGUARD Gold Certified Products that have achieved GREENGUARD Certification are scientifically proven to meet some of the world’s most rigorous third-party chemical emissions standards, helping to reduce indoor air pollution and the risk of chemical exposure. Good for you, good for baby, good for the planet.
Will it last?
Any product that’s meant to be used from infancy through toddlerhood needs to be built to do exactly that, while giving you peace of mind that it’s as sturdy and reliable as the day you unboxed it. Great design and exceptional quality are two of the things we are most well-known for here at Ergobaby and our Evolve High Chair lives up to these values. Thoughtfully selected, high quality materials including solid, beautiful beechwood and impact resistant plastic mean the Evolve High Chair is made to last.
We hope this has helped you figure out what to look for in a high chair but if you have any questions, then we’re always happy to help! Drop us a DM on Facebook or Instagram, or email us at [email protected].
And don’t just take our word for it, see what the team at Mother and Baby make of the Evolve range